Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Brookie is ONE.


Time flies.  
It is such a cliché expression but just because it is cliché doesn't mean it is not true. 
Brooke is ONE and it flew by!
On August 15th, we celebrated.
We celebrated that she is a healthy and amazing one year old and that she is part of our family. 
I didn't mean to go all out, but I kind of did. 
You only turn ONE, once in your life right?




I had fun with the decorations. 


She didn't quite understand what was going on...
But I think she did like all of the attention.


We had to have watermelon, it has been her favorite all summer. 
Brielle and Braden were very eager to help her blow that candle.  
I'm glad they were there because she was trying to touch the flame.


She dug right into her little cupcake...but still was holding tight to that watermelon.




She was a mess!


We are missing some of our neighbor kids in this picture, but here is Brookie with some of them and her brother and sister. 
We have lucked out to have such awesome neighbors! There are so many little kids for them to play with.  
I feel so blessed that we ended up in this neighborhood.  


It was a hot, hot day.  We were all melting. 
We had to have it at the time we did because Scott had night float, otherwise I think I would have chosen to have it a little later when it wasn't so hot. 
But it was fun nonetheless. 


Brielle and Braden had fun opening the presents FOR Brooke! So funny! 
Those older siblings LOVE her.


Brooke loved all of the nice presents she got, but she LOVED the gift bags and wrap even more.


She LOVED this spinwheel.  
It was a hit. 


Our family wouldn't be the same without Brooke.  
She is just part of me and part of us.  
I'm glad that she is part of our family. 

A few things about Brooke:

She has spunky little personality. 
She waves bye and says bye. 
She says hewo! 
She points at her head, when asked, where's your head?
When she sees Scott, she says Da-da!
She calls me, Mom!
She LOVES to eat.  She is never full and could eat all day if I'd let her.
She gives kisses. 
She LOVES to pull hair! (not good...we are working on being gentle.)
She is fond of Brielle and still not too fond of Braden (which makes Braden so sad.) 
She loves to dance and shake her bum bum! 

...and she's WALKING! 

5 comments:

kendra @ little almanac said...

No way she's 1 already! Adorable photos, Denisse!

CJ & LJ said...

We are so glad we got to meet her this summer! What a bunch of cuties at your house!!

Amy said...

She is such a cute girl! What an adorable family you have!

Emily and Seth said...

Very cute! I don't know why we don't just give kids the wrapping paper and boxes, they like those more!

Justin and Stacey said...

I never commented on this post but I had to tell you how cute Brooke is in all of these pictures!! I cannot believe that she is already one. How did this happen? I feel like you just had her. The party decorations were so cute! You did a such a good job. Happy late Birthday Brookie!!