We have loved having a peach tree in our little backyard.
What a great experience it is to eat a fruit picked right from a tree.
I have such fond memories of picking ripe fruit from my grandparent's fruit trees in Caraz.
They had avocado, apples, fig, oranges and other fruits native to Perú.
I'm so glad I got to experience that again here.
Those peaches were AMAZING.
They were so sweet and juicy.
We had peaches for days and days and days...
It's hard to get sick of such a delicious fruit.
I made peach cobbler, peach pie, made smoothies with them and just ate them plain.
I had never in my life made a pie of any sort before...I take that back I had made chicken pot pie a couple times a few years ago, but never a fruit pie.
So don't judge my crappy looking crust...
If I'm allowed to compliment myself...it may not look perfect but it tasted so, so good.
I made a couple of these, I should have made more.
I think I might be able to perfect my pie making skills in the next 3 years...
Brielle and our neighbor girls decided to sell some peaches...they are quite excellent little entrepreneurs.
They made $10 total!
Can't wait for more peaches next year!

2 comments:
Yum! Next year you should also try some freezer jam. Super easy and so good!
That is so cool! I hope we'll have fruit trees some day. You can't beat picking and eating your own fruit!
Post a Comment