November is pretty much gone and I can't believe Thanksgiving is over and we are getting ready for Christmas! Our days around here continue to fly by and next thing I know it'll be 2013!
I remember when I was a little girl, the 2000's seemed so far away...now we are going to be 13 years into the 2000's! Doesn't that seem a bit crazy?
We got a pretty good storm the first week of November. It snowed for three days, pretty much non-stop.
Brielle and Braden LOVED it...and Braden insisted on going to play out in the snow, even with a broken arm. He built that snowman with his own hands, with no help from anyone. Scott and I were so surprised when he called us to come outside to see his snowman. There is just no way of stopping a 5 year old.
Scott built a snow igloo, he spent a good hour out there and our kids and the neighbor kids thought he was so cool for building it.
******
Scott and I went to the Salt Lake Temple one Saturday.
We needed to go terribly. Since Brooke was born, our temple attendance has suffered immensely. It takes twice as much preparation and planning. But we are determined to be better. We LOVED the live session, it was so incredibly special. Let's just say, it was so very needed, in so many ways.
I always feel deeply strengthened when I attend the temple.
Downtown Salt Lake was so beautiful with all the snow on the trees.
Salt Lake is a beautiful city.
******
Our afternoons around here look like this:
Homework, homework and homework...and a little 15 month old that wants to be part of the action.
She is so happy to be sitting there watching her big sister and big brother do their homework, while she has a snack.
Can I just say, how much work it is to keep up with all the school papers my children bring home?
I go through dozens and dozens of papers daily!
Sometimes I feel bad throwing it away, but we just can't keep everything.
It's not all work around here, Brielle and Braden still enjoy playing together.
They don't see each other that much, since Brielle is in school until 3pm.
Brielle is pulling her 'injured' brother. :)
******
Scott's cousin Tristan was in town visiting his sister Jana, whom we hang out with all the time.
We hadn't seen Tristan in quite a few years. Jana had us over for dinner and we had such a great visit.
...and as always Brielle and Macie played so well and Braden and Parker did too.
Brooke was loving those sunglasses and thought she was so cool.
******
I've been lucky to volunteer a few times in the kids' classrooms.
I enjoy it so much and I love how special my children think I am.
There is something about a classroom that I love, no matter what age really...except, I must say that junior high school is not my favorite...but those little kindergartners are still so innocent and have such a desire to learn and are curious about the world around them.
They are frank and honest and they just say what they are thinking...and I enjoy that so much. They are just themselves and have no inhibitions...and they NEVER run out of energy!:)
Braden had his Thanksgiving party and I got to be one the mom helpers.
I loved that I was able to watch Braden and how he interacts with his teacher and classmates.
There are a zillion little girls in his class and ONLY 6 boys!!!
That ratio is really uneven...but I guess he's used to it having two sisters at home.
My friend Heidi watched Brookie while I was at the school and her little boy Blake is such a cutie pie!
******
Scott has been on a geriatric rotation for the last 2 weeks and we have LOVED it!
The hours are awesome and he gets home so early, compared to 10 or 11pm, when he's in the wards at the hospital. We have been so spoiled lately and I can't help but feel grateful and take advantage of every second we get with him...it almost feels like we are a normal family and Scott has a normal profession, where he is home for dinner and he can help me put the kids to bed and help lift the load...and that he does. He is so helpful when he is home and I appreciate him so much.
Brooke loves riding on that scooter. She can go around and around our little front yard forever.
Like I said earlier, there is no stopping Mr. Braden. He is still riding his bike with a broken arm and there is no slowing him down. This whole half-day kindergarten has been hard on me and Braden. He is often bored out his mind and I have to find something to entertain him with for 3 or 4 hours until his sister gets home...and then it's not all that much fun and games because Brielle has to do homework and he does too. He is so ready to be in school all day. This is where I miss Virginia. The most frustrating part of this situation is that for some incomprehensible reason, Salt Lake County doesn't offer any kind of classes through the rec centers during early afternoon, after lunch...I wanted him take a swimming class but the rec center doesn't offer anything until after 4pm. So.frustrating. This is where I miss Virginia too...they had such awesome rec centers there, with so many varieties of classes. Soccer season ended and that's made it even worse...so...in order to keep the sanity in both us, I have been trying to do some kind of craft with him, we've been scheduling play dates and we've been going on lots of walks around our neighborhood...it has been good for all of us.
Brookie has been loving our walks. Now that she is a big girl, she pretty much walks all by herself...but she does like to hold on to my pinky...which just melts my heart.
This stage is so fun in so many ways, they are discovering the world and they are such sponges.
But I must admit that this stage has been and will always be exhausting for me.
I feel drained physically and emotionally when I have a one year old...now until they are potty trained. Brooke needs me constantly.
Thank goodness she is such a good napper, otherwise I don't know what I would do.
I get at least a 3 hour break when she naps...which I wish I could say was a good time to relax, but housework NEVER EVER sleeps.
EVER! :)
I am finding more and more that this whole motherhood business is without a doubt the most challenging thing I will ever do in my life. I say this not as a complaint but as to state a fact, and the fact that it is challenging doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. However, it is not easy to give and give of self constantly. I've always struggled with that part of motherhood...and I don't think we are necessarily meant to neglect who we are as individuals, our physical, mental and spiritual health, but the truth is that sometimes it is difficult to take care of myself. It is possible, but it requires a whole lot of planning and being on top of things all the time...which let's be honest...I am not on top of things all the time.
I am a hopeless procrastinator.
I am determined to improve and hopefully I can find this whole motherhood business less challenging.
In an attempt to 'take care of myself' I've started going to zumba classes. I am taking advantage of the fact that Scott is home in the evenings, at least for another week...I found this little fitness studio and can I say how much it has done for me? Because seriously, my flabby belly NEEDS this! That poor flabby belly has been neglected for way too long! ha! Now if I can just organize my time more efficiently to read my scriptures every day consistently I think I will be set! :)
Who would think that, that little face would just demand so much of me?
Brooke and her 'boyfriend' Blake.
We love our Blakey!
I got to go to Brielle's class to help out for a couple of hours last week.
Brielle is turning into such an out-of-this-world little girl.
I hope she continues this way.
She makes me so proud.
******
These two are getting to spend so much time together lately. Brooke is getting old enough that she interacts and plays with Braden...most of the time it goes well, until she does this:
Not good...
When Brooke does this, Braden tells her, "get your own glasses Brooke!!!"












No comments:
Post a Comment