Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mr. Braden Broke His Arm.




Forget about who was going to win that ridiculous election yesterday...I was more worried about our Mr. Braden.  He was playing with our neighbor and they were climbing a tree in our front yard, which he knows is a no no, but I was across the street talking to my other neighbor and all a sudden I hear Braden crying and on the ground.  

I didn't freak out, I just crossed the street and came to see my little boy.  At first I thought, it was nothing serious, but Braden is a pretty tough cookie so for him to be crying for that long totally raised a red flag.  
I asked him to wave his hand but he was in so much pain he refused. 
I asked him a few times to touch his head but again he was in pain.  
He was guarding his arm close to his little body, just like Brielle did when she broke her arm a few years ago. 
I gave it a few more minutes, we went inside our house, gave him a drink of water and asked him again to wave his hand, but he just couldn't do it. 
My poor Braden. 
I decided to take him to the ER. 
We are so incredibly blessed to have amazing neighbors, they took care of Brielle and Brooke and one of them even let me borrow her car because Scott had taken our car to work that morning. 
Several x-rays later and almost 4 hours in the ER, they told us that Braden has a fractured radius and he is going to be in a cast for 4 weeks. 

He is doing remarkably well and in a little bit of pain, we have been giving him tylenol every 4 hours and I think that is helping him. 
He went to school today and has been a trooper through this accident!
I'm glad he's going to be okay and it's nothing more than a broken arm. 
These accidents definitely bring some perspective to how fragile life really is.  

Send your prayers our way...

2 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Nooo! Poor little Brayden. Sorry to hear this. Well, now he and Zach and Brielle all have something in common.

Unknown said...

WHAT?!?!? poor braden!
that is a sad story.