Braden has an obsession with flying.
He wishes with all of his little heart that he could fly.
He dreams about it, spends time trying to figure out how the heck he's going to fly.
While we were at the Grand Canyon this last weekend, his flying 'obsession' deepened...he saw all of that open space and wished he could fly over the canyon with his bike.
He has been seriously and passionately thinking in his little brain
how he is going to build wings to make his bike fly.
In his mind, this is really going to work.
He keeps asking me to go to the fabric store to buy fabric and to Home Depot to buy a piece of wood.
He says, "I have the blueprint in my brain' and gets the most excited expression on his face.
Last night, I asked him to draw that blueprint .
how he is going to build wings to make his bike fly.
In his mind, this is really going to work.
He keeps asking me to go to the fabric store to buy fabric and to Home Depot to buy a piece of wood.
He says, "I have the blueprint in my brain' and gets the most excited expression on his face.
Last night, I asked him to draw that blueprint .
I sadly told him last night, "I hate to break it to you bud, but I'm afraid you need an engine."
To which he responded,
"hmmm...how do I make an engine? Oh wait, mom! I'm the engine!"

5 comments:
the 'flying gene' must come from the Farrimond side of the family. Chuck and some of the cousins inherited that gene. Allen was the 'gunner' on the helicopters in VietNam and came home a pilot and a teacher of pilots. Chuck was in the Navy during VietNam and he trained pilots and became a pilot. Kerry became a pilot and owned his own plane. I'm certain there are more. :-)
That is so cute. :)
Can I recommend a book he might love? it's called "Cromwell Dixon's Sky Cycle." It's a true story. Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Cromwell-Dixons-Sky-Cycle-John/dp/0399250417
So cute Braden!! I love that he has big dreams. Just wait, one day he will surprise us all and actual invent something like that!
I would die to teach your kids. Braden is going somewhere with this...I'd put money on it! Love his ambition and creativity!
p.s. Are you still using photo shop to do cute things? Denisse! I am so bad at things like that. I love how you added the arrows and the print beside his artwork. I'm just curious, I'd love to do that in my classroom and at home.
Post a Comment