Monday, April 14, 2008
Annoying Influeza Virus...
I wish I could say that I have been playing with my 2 kids outside in the wonderful almost 60 degree weather this last week...I really wish...I have been bedridden for the last few days. I got the Influenza stinking virus for the first time in my life! I never really knew what this annoying virus was all about, I had heard about it all of my life but never got the disgrace of getting it until last Monday when it all started. Not a good week, considering it was finals week...there's never a good week to get this miserable virus...but this week in particular was very uncalled for!!!!! Scott had gotten it the week before and he was basically dying...but since he's a boy I thought that he must be exaggerating a little...boy was I WRONG!!! He was NOT exaggerating one bit...On Monday I came down with the first symptoms, the week went by and my life doesn't stop the moment I get sick so I kept pushing and pushing, especially on Thursday, I went and gave my finals and went out with some of my girlfriends from the ward (we had been planning this for months!!!) I debated for a long time whether to go or not...I got ready last minute and went...I stayed up until VERY late talking and having a great time...on Friday when I woke up I felt so sick but I was still able to care for my house and my children, so I kept pushing it and pushing it until Saturday when this most annoying illness took its toll on me and left me lethargic the whole day! I could hardly move...Scott had to work at the Olive Garden and I frankly couldn't care for my two little angels...he took them to his parents' until he got off. I literally stayed in bed ALL day long. I think I got up twice to go to the bathroom, I wondered around the apartment once and realized what a huge mess it was, dishes in the sink, toys all over the place, clothes, it was crazy!!!...I have lost 3 pounds because of my complete lack of appetite this whole week, nothing sounded appealing and nothing tasted good. It's almost like my taste buds were mutilated or something...I am feeling A LOT better today but not completely better...I can at least function...I still have to grade finals and enter in grades by Wednesday!!! Oh man!!! And to make things worse my poor little Braden is sick now too, Brielle is a little sick but not that bad...we will survive!!!:)...I hope...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh Denisse, I am so sorry! I got that not long ago and I was bedridden too, it was awful I thought this virous was trying to kill me, oh wait it was! Any way I had a friend of C and I come help give a blessing because I thought I was going to die and he said "That is the worst I have seen any one look that has been sick with the flew" great! thanks! but I believed him because I felt like I was on deaths door. I totally know what you went through, thank heaven for your in-laws!
I'm so sorry! I hate being sick! It really makes you wish that you had appreciated being healthy more so that maybe you wouldn't have gotten sick. If that makes any sense!
Oh Denisse, that sounds so terrible! I'm so sorry. My mom has gotten influenza before, and I remember how horribly sick she was. I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Hang in there!
I hope you feel better soon and that Braden doesn't get it too bad! Hopefully this week is better for you!
Ugh, it's terrible to be sick. It always seems to come at the worst times too. I hope you're all feeling better really soon! It's bad enough to be sick yourself... but caring for a sick baby... it breaks your heart.
denisse...I am so sorry!! That is no fun! Our lives just don't stop when we are sick and our babies are crying and our house is a disaster. Sometimes I think it is just not fair!! :) Scott's parents were so nice to take care of them for you. Hope you are feeling much better by now.
Oh that is so yucky!! You are such a trooper to still push through like you did! Way to go and I'm so glad that you are feeling well again. I hope the kiddos are too!!
You are one amazing woman to keep pushing and getting things done all week, even socializing! It is good to hear you are feeling much better, sorry everyone has gotten sick at your house. It is NO fun! And you are done with the semester!! yeah!
cute, cute, cute pictures (as always) hey, we are taking our blog private, and I want to make sure and get your email address, so i can send you an email invitation. thanks!
Post a Comment